Have you ever moved into a new home or finally decided to try out your fireplace in your home. And you haven’t thought you use the fireplace in a few years. Before just starting a fire in your new home or existing home it’s best to have a professional come and take a look at the chimney and fireplace to have it inspected and cleaned thoroughly.
Things like birds, squirrels, and even raccoons are just some of the animals that could be some of the guests you have in your chimney there could also be things like dirt, leaves, and other flammable debris, one of the worst things you would want is to have leftover animal droppings inside your fireplace.
If you have ever had some type of musty smell coming from the fireplace there is a good chance it’s not the old socks and shoes laying around. This is usually a sign of a moisture problem. If you are having this type of smell coming from inside the chimney refrain from starting a fire until it is professionally looked at.